This week, there are a lot of people deserving of thanks. Our greatest gratitude goes to our Vets.
And we're also really grateful to all those who voted and worked for change this week.
But we also have to thank a group whose brilliant analytical skills, willingness to sacrifice, and deep patriotism have done so much for our nation. I for one don't thank them enough.
We must not forget, and we must make sure the media remains focused on this small band of truth-tellers, people who are smart enough to note that:
- What we saw this week was "the death throes of a dying party" The Democratic Party. "So however you cut it, this midterm proves that the Iraq war is at least more popular than Bill Clinton was. (Ann Coulter)
- "But the ideologues aren't to blame. The Republicans are." (Jonah Goldberg, before taking his youngster for a stroll in the park, something a lot of actual soldiers in Iraq would love to be doing as well.)
- "The United States did not reject the agenda of the right tonight...The GOP failed to dupe the American public into a liberal agenda." (the ever-prescient Redstate)
- What the right really requires: "If we're gonna win, we need more Santorum." (The Corner's Any McCarthy)
- Referring to Democrats: "They're in real trouble in '08." (Tom Delay to Alan Colmes on Hannity and Colmes)
- "The GOP lost. Conservatism prevailed." (The incomparable, Miss Michelle Malkin)
As good Americans, we must not let the focus shift from such talent and honesty as those listed above.